Friday, August 23, 2013

Great New Children’s Books

http://children.bookkook.com/childrens-books/the-mark-of-athena-heroes-of-olympus-book-3/
Great New Children’s Books
Kids just love a great book. From the time they are old enough to be read to, most children seem to fall in love with the magic and mystery of the world of the book.

In my case my wife and I read to both our son and daughter from very early ages. As a result, both fell in love with books and story, and to this day enjoy reading. Story time was one of my favorite times of the day, and I must admit that I miss those times a great deal.

Kids love good books I think for many of the same reasons that adults enjoy them. However there is a bonding experience that comes from reading a book together that is lost once we become adults. It is very different being cuddled up together exploring a book with your young child, then telling your friend on Facebook about the great novel you just read.

Everyone has their favorite books, either something they remember from childhood, or in the case of parents and others who've read to children a lot, particular books loved by the children. While I can think of many, both of my children loved 'Green Eggs and Ham' by Dr. Suess, and to this day we laugh whenever we hear a reference to that odd tale.

There is no better time than right now to take a look at what is new in the world of quality children's books. Who knows, you may just discover the latest modern classic for your child.

No comments:

Post a Comment